Evidence Under the Rules: Text, Cases, and Problems, Eighth Edition is now available as a Connected Casebook, a powerful, all-in-one learning solution offering a print casebook plus access to CasebookConnect, which includes a fully functional eBook version of your casebook with highlighting and note-taking capabilities, hundreds of practice questions in the Study Center from leading study aids, and an Outline Tool to help make outlining more efficient and effective. Learn more about CasebookConnect.
The eighth edition of Evidence Under the Rules: Text, Cases, and Problems, one of the most widely-adopted Evidence coursebooks ever published, has been thoroughly revised and redesigned to be even more teachable and student friendly. A new two-color design enhances the reading experience, and new text boxes (many with photographs) provide interesting background on select cases and additional perspectives on key issues. New classroom aids include video excerpts of courtroom scenes from famous movies and actual trials, videos of courtroom enactments of many of the book’s problems, and a comprehensive set of PowerPoint slides that can be used, at the option of the instructor, with “clickers” so that students can vote on the admissibility of the evidence offered in each problem. Many elements, however, remain the same, including: the book’s structuring around the Federal Rules of Evidence; carefully edited cases and secondary materials; and the inclusion of numerous problems that allow students to apply new concepts.
Look for these key features of the new edition:
- New two-color design to enhance readability
- Addition of side bars that contain photographs and text relating to important cases, offering background on how the evidence issue arose
- New “Comment/Perspective” text boxes provide broader perspectives to aid in understanding doctrine
- Addition of several more problems to allow students to apply important concepts
- More introductory text to provide a foundation for understanding the materials that follow
- Notes have reduced in number and made more comprehensible
- Guidance for answering Note questions is provided so that students understand how to approach questions
- Excerpts of cases in the Crawford line of decisions interpreting confrontation rights have been replaced by summary discussions
- An enhanced package of classroom aids that includes new PowerPoints, video reenactments of problems and a DVD of clips from movies and real trials
To access Problem Videos and Trial Videos for this book, click here.
As part of the Connected Casebook program, Evidence Under the Rules: Text, Cases, and Problems, Eighth Edition is available in hardcover, looseleaf, rental, and digital-only formats, all of which include lifetime access to CasebookConnect.*
* Used books sold by retailers may not include free access to CasebookConnect. The Connected Casebook rental program is available exclusively from BarristerBooks.