LoisLaw was recently sold to FastCase and will not be supported by Wolters Kluwer as of December 1, 2015. Trial access accounts created before November 30, 2015 will be honored by FastCase through the end of their trial periods. For new inquiries about LoisLaw, please contact email@example.com directly.
The Fourth Edition of An Introduction to the American Legal System provides both historical context and thoroughly up-to-date coverage of all aspects of American law and the legal system. Vivid examples, on-point case summaries, and hot-button issues make this text an obvious choice for paralegal, criminal justice, political science, or legal studies courses.
Key New Features
- Cases in Point that concisely illustrate how the law applies in the real world
- Questions for discussion in every chapter that point to high-interest issues for debate
- Discussions of recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions such as the “Obamacare” decisions, the Defense of Marriage Act decision, and key rulings on recess appointments and First Amendment Rights
- Contemporary topical coverage, such as the national security legislation and whistleblowers
- Updated discussions of justifiable use of force, intellectual property, abortion rights, capital punishment, and affirmative action
- A well-crafted design that includes learning objectives and chapter outlines
- A convenient Glossary of Legal Terms and The Constitution of the United States of America in the Appendices
Item successfully added to your bag
Bag Summary ()
Tax, promotion codes and upgraded shipping charges will be applied during checkout
Thank you for requesting a complimentary digital copy of:
You will receive an email within 2 business days with information for accessing the digital copy of this title. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list to ensure the email is delivered.
If you do not receive the email within 2 business days and have checked your SPAM/Junk folder, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-950-5259. If a title is not yet published, you will receive a review copy as soon as it is available.
Please note that we validate all professor accounts before distributing digital samples. If you are adopting the product for your class or need to request another format, please contact your representative directly.
Law School sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Undergraduate sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Error in placing the order.