Civil Law and Litigation for Paralegals is a comprehensive text designed specifically for paralegal civil litigation courses. Author Neal Bevans not only teaches the basics of civil litigation, but also gives students the opportunity to learn skills they will use in practice. In a balanced approach, Bevans covers all the key topics paralegals need to know in an easy-to-read and engaging style that utilizes numerous examples and illustrations but never overwhelms the student. The text provides students with an in-depth analysis of a wide variety of civil cases, beginning with laying out the basic foundation of the American legal system. It proceeds through the investigation and implementation of a civil case, and follows the case through to appeal. The text balances the theoretical underpinnings of the law with the practical examples and hands-on experience that all students need to completely understand the topic. The helpful pedagogy throughout the book and a comprehensive teaching package make class preparation as easy as possible.
- Clear introduction to the fundamentals of civil litigation for paralegal students.
- Provides students with an in-depth analysis of a wide variety of civil cases, laying out the basic foundation of
- the American legal system, proceeding through the investigation and implementation of a civil case, and
- following the case through to appeal.
- Designed to help prepare students for the practical world of divorces, car wreck cases, and medical malpractice
- claims that they will see every day in civil practice.
- Each chapter presents students with examples of the important role that paralegals play in every stage of civil
- litigation, from client intake to bringing an appeal.
- Understandable writing style with strong pedagogy, resulting in a teachable and accessible text.
- Each chapter includes Practice Pointers, Search Suggestions, Tech Topics, and Legal Legwork boxes, along
- with case excerpts, forms, and ethics.
- Helpful pedagogy includes Chapter Objectives that focus learning and review, Boldfaced key terms and marginal
- definitions for convenient reference, Review questions at the end of each chapter, and references to web sites that
- facilitate legal research
Item successfully added to your bag
Bag Summary ()
Tax, promotion codes and upgraded shipping charges will be applied during checkout
Thank you for requesting a complimentary digital copy of:
You will receive an email within 2 business days with information for accessing the digital copy of this title. Please add email@example.com to your safe sender list to ensure the email is delivered.
If you do not receive the email within 2 business days and have checked your SPAM/Junk folder, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-5259. If a title is not yet published, you will receive a review copy as soon as it is available.
Please note that we validate all professor accounts before distributing digital samples. If you are adopting the product for your class or need to request another format, please contact your representative directly.
Law School sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Undergraduate sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Error in placing the order.