This thoughtful, carefully organized casebook offers a thorough grounding in the constitutional underpinnings of police practice, including responses to volatile social challenges such as the war on drugs, terrorism, and the advent of modern technology. Cases on Criminal Procedure: 2013-2014 provides a historical perspective on the Supreme Court’s changing approaches to issues from the Warren Court through the Burger, Rehnquist, and Roberts Courts. A broad and deep case selection gives instructors maximum flexibility in structuring their courses and supplementing student reading. Succinct, accessible introductions show the significance of the topics and issues, and selected readings explore current thinking on each. Full voting histories are provided for each case, as are texts of the relevant Constitutional Amendments and Chart of Supreme Court Justices from 1930 to the present.
The 2013-2014 Edition is completely updated with new cases: Florence v. Burlington, Arizona v. United States, Messerschmidt v. Millender, United States v. Jones, Howes v. Field, J.D.B. v. North Carolina, Perry v. New Hampshire, and Davis v. North Carolina.
- thoughtful, carefully organized casebook
- thorough grounding in the constitutional underpinnings of police practice
- includes case responses to volatile social challenges ;
- the war on drugs
- modern technology ;
- provides a historical perspective on the Supreme Court’s changing approaches to issues from the Warren Court through the Burger, Rehnquist, and Roberts Courts
- broad and deep case selection
- provides instructors with maximum flexibility in structuring courses
- and supplementing students’ reading
- succinct, accessible introductions show the significance of topics and issues and readings explore current thinking on each
- full voting histories provided for each case
- includes texts of the relevant Constitutional Amendments and Chart of Supreme Court Justices from 1930 to the present
Thoroughly updated, the 2013-2014 Edition presents new cases throughout:
- Florence v. Burlington
- Arizona v. United States
- Messerschmidt v. Millender
- United States v. Jones
- Howes v. Field
- J.D.B. v. North Carolina
- Perry v. New Hampshire
- Davis v. North Carolina
- Bailey v. United States
- Florida v. Harris
- Florida v. Jardines
Item successfully added to your bag
Bag Summary ()
Tax, promotion codes and upgraded shipping charges will be applied during checkout
Thank you for requesting a complimentary digital copy of:
You will receive an email within 2 business days with information for accessing the digital copy of this title. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list to ensure the email is delivered.
If you do not receive the email within 2 business days and have checked your SPAM/Junk folder, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-950-5259. If a title is not yet published, you will receive a review copy as soon as it is available.
Please note that we validate all professor accounts before distributing digital samples. If you are adopting the product for your class or need to request another format, please contact your representative directly.
Law School sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Undergraduate sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Error in placing the order.