This comprehensive, intelligent overview covers all the key concepts addressed in a typical introduction to paralegal studies course and teaches students the basic skills necessary to understand statutes and court cases. The carefully organized, accessible text combines an introduction to law and legal concepts with practical information about what paralegals actually do in the legal system. A critical thinking approach introduces students to the study of law, encouraging them to interact with the materials through hypotheticals, examples, and well-designed questions. Introduction to Paralegal Studies: A Critical Thinking Approach is divided into four parts, reflecting the progression of an introductory course: Part I: Paralegals and the American Legal System; Part II: Substance of the Law; Part III: Legal Analysis and Research; Part IV: Paralegals and the Work World. Strong pedagogy includes ethics alerts, marginal definitions, Internet references, and legal reasoning exercises throughout the book. An excellent ancillary package is available to instructors, with a comprehensive Manual, in-depth test bank, and PowerPoint slides.
The Fifth Edition features new developments incorporated throughout the text. New web exercises as well as new and updated assignments bring the text up to the minute. The chapters on Statutory Law and Court Opinions have been edited for greater clarity and comprehension.
- comprehensive, intelligent overview of all the key concepts covered in a typical introductory course
- combines legal concepts with practical information about what paralegals actually do
- critical thinking approach
- introduces students to the study of law
- encourages interaction through hypotheticals, examples, and well-designed questions
- divided into four parts, reflecting the course
- Part I: Paralegals and the American Legal System
- Part II: Substance of the Law
- Part III: Legal Analysis and Research
- Part IV: Paralegals and the Work World
- teaches basic skills necessary to understand statutes and court cases
- strong pedagogy and well-organized format
- ethics alerts
- marginal definitions
- Internet references
- legal reasoning exercises throughout the book
- excellent ancillary package
- comprehensive Instructor’s Manual
- in-depth test bank
- PowerPoint slides
Thoroughly updated, the revised Fifth Edition presents:
- new web exercises
- new developments incorporated throughout this edition
- new and updated assignments
- chapters on Statutory Law and Court Opinions edited for greater clarity and comprehension
Item successfully added to your bag
Bag Summary ()
Tax, promotion codes and upgraded shipping charges will be applied during checkout
Thank you for requesting a complimentary digital copy of:
You will receive an email within 2 business days with information for accessing the digital copy of this title. Please add email@example.com to your safe sender list to ensure the email is delivered.
If you do not receive the email within 2 business days and have checked your SPAM/Junk folder, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-5259. If a title is not yet published, you will receive a review copy as soon as it is available.
Please note that we validate all professor accounts before distributing digital samples. If you are adopting the product for your class or need to request another format, please contact your representative directly.
Law School sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Undergraduate sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Error in placing the order.