Popular casebook author Freer makes the complex principles of civil procedure accessible and fun for students in this student treatise. Using humor, real-world examples and light-hearted scholarship, he breaks down the doctrines of civil procedure into easy-to-understand components, and then brings them together to show how they form a comprehensive body of law.
The Third Edition has been updated to include discussion of key new Supreme Court and lower court decisions that are reshaping civil procedure law. It also includes revisions to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and provides commentary on e-discovery, including the problem of waiver of privilege for inadvertent production.
- Comprehensive coverage of all topics in civil procedure.
- Suitable for use with any civil procedure coursebook.
- User-friendly chapter introductions explain and contextualize key concepts.
- Integrates discrete topics and doctrines into a comprehensive whole.
- Stimulating hypotheticals for especially difficult principles, highlighted in bulleted lists.
- Shows students how to apply doctrine and rules to facts.
- Light-hearted presentation, using amusing, real-world examples to illustrate principles.
Thoroughly updated, the revised Third Edition includes:
- Important revisions to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- New Supreme Court cases, including Iqbal, Hertz, Shady Grove, Espinoza, Mohawk, and Krupski.
- Discussion of several lower-court cases related to the Class Action Fairness Act.
- Commentary on e-discovery, including the problem of waiver of privilege for inadvertent production.
Item successfully added to your bag
Bag Summary ()
Tax, promotion codes and upgraded shipping charges will be applied during checkout
Thank you for requesting a complimentary digital copy of:
You will receive an email within 2 business days with information for accessing the digital copy of this title. Please add email@example.com to your safe sender list to ensure the email is delivered.
If you do not receive the email within 2 business days and have checked your SPAM/Junk folder, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-5259. If a title is not yet published, you will receive a review copy as soon as it is available.
Please note that we validate all professor accounts before distributing digital samples. If you are adopting the product for your class or need to request another format, please contact your representative directly.
Law School sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Undergraduate sales rep
Find your rep by state:
Error in placing the order.